Friendship Never Melts Away!
August 06, 2012
I know it isn't time for Tuesday T&T, but I had this cutie Snowman With Bird card done and so I decided to share it:
- Cover-A-Card Ticking was stamped twice (side by side) on white cardstock with Memento Summer Sky.
- Cover-A-Card Snowflakes was stamped on the left side Ticking area using Memento Toffee Crunch.
- The Snowflakes were also stamped alone on a remnant piece of white cardstock for embellishments on the card, inside card, and envelope.
- One Snowman With Bird was stamped on a piece of white cardstock with Memento Toffee Crunch and then cut out. The nose and arms of the snowman and the bird and his feet were painted.
- A second image using the same ink was stamped onto the Cover-A-Card Ticking to the right (without the Snowflakes). The snowman's neck scarf, hat, and the bird's neck scarf were cut out and mounted using for the 'Paper Piecing' technique on the snowman and bird. The stripes on both scarves were painted and the hat rim was painted on the snowman.
- A piece of white cardstock was put though the Cuttlebug using the largest Deckled Rectangles die. The edges were shaded with the Memento Toffee Crunch and a Niji waterbrush.
- The cutout image was mounted on the deckled die cut using 3D Pop-Dots (except for the bird on the snowball). The shadow around the snowman was done with Summer Sky mixed with water and applied with the Niji waterbrush.
- The sentiment, Friendship Never Melts, was stamped on white cardstock using Memento Rich Cocoa and put through the Cuttlebug using one of Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two. The ends were trimmed and the edges painted like the deckled rectangle. A little roughing of the edges was done using the scissors edge.
- Stickles Stardust was added to the snowman, snowball, ground area, and sentiment as shown. White Flower Soft was added to the pom-pom of the snowman's hat and the rim of the hat.
The Bird & The Action Wobble:
- Remember the bird was left without gluing or 3D pop dots. Here is how I mounted the Action Wobble. I didn't want it to have a full wobble. :-) So I flipped it over. Top becomes the bottom and vice versa.
- I punched a hole in the corner of the deckled die cut under the bird and snowball area.
- I trimmed around the small circle as shown in the first photo above. Then I threaded it threw the hole like a corkscrew.
- Glue dots were used between the bottom of the Wobble and the rectangle base.
- Because the Wobble is reversed, a glue dot was added to the little round plastic circle center and then attached to the bird/snowball. It moves but not enough to break the snowman arm. The rest of the Wobble base on the bottom was trimmed to the edge of the die cut.
- The Ticking with Snowflakes was mounted to white cardstock.
- The snowman with bird on rectangle was mounted as shown with no pop dots on only the right-hand bottom corner.
- The sentiment was mounted with 3D Pop dots.
- Remnant ribbon was threaded under the image and a bow added with the Bow-Easy.
- Trimmed snowflakes from that background were trimmed and mounted on the ends with some of the same glitter.
- Deckle scissors were used on leftover Ticking & Snowflake background for the inside and on envy as shown.
- More trimmed snowflakes from the Snowflake only background were used as shown with added glitter glue.
That's it for this week on T&T. See you back here Thursday for our DT member's treat!! Hope you week turns out great! Thanks for stopping by to look and say hi!