Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be kicking off a series of Meet the Artist posts to help you get to know the illustrators that create your favorite stamps!
I'm Dina Kowal, and you'll find my stamp art HERE - if you like thoughtful and inspirational quotes, quirky cute animals, sentimental silhouettes, floral and natural elements. layered sets and vintage collage, you're sure to find something you like in my collection!
I'm a wife and mom of 4 (ages 12-17), a proud introvert, insatiable creative, and happy homebody. I've been a designer for I.O. since 2008, and moved my stamp line to I.O. in 2012 - I love being a part of my favorite company, and I love enabling and inspiring YOU to create and encourage others in turn! I'm a deep old soul with a stubbornly young heart, and I think that comes across in my art, especially in sweet and playful silhouettes like this one...
|Puppy Love Silhouette|
I find beauty and humor in ironic and unexpected places, and I've found myself in unexpected places many times in my life - that theme comes out quite often in images like this one, which is part of a series of image I drew after our family had to move back to the States abruptly after 9 years overseas:
I love animals - in fact, when I'm not stamping or creating stamp art, you'll find me working on commissioned pet portraits. For stamps, though, I love quirky animals that make me laugh - this booby is definitely one of my favorites!
Speaking of quirks, a few of mine...
- I have a gift for spotting irony, randomness, and amusing typos.
- I always wear fun socks - in fact, I pick them out in the dark so they're sure to never match my outfit!
- I love words. And charts, especially color charts.
- Whatever the coloring medium is, I need the big set.
- I adore Winnie the Pooh (as A.A.Milne conceived him) and have always related to him most, though I always come out Owl on those silly quizzes.
- I love all kinds of music, especially crooners and WW2 era songs.