Tuesday T&T Layered and Foiled By The Sea!
June 10, 2013
I chose Grace for today's tutorial. I used a couple of different techniques. The first was using a heat and stick embossing powder to attach some mica flakes and the second is foiling Graces shell. Below is how I created the card itself.
- I built the card from the back to the front so I inked up Clouds with Memento Summer sky and stamped on Neenah Solar White cardstock, and then
- I inked Rolling Waves with Fluid Chalk Alabaster on blue cardstock, then
- I used a caramel colored piece of Bazzill Dotted Swiss and stamped it with VersaMark and Dots, applied heat and bond embossing powder, heated until clear, applied Mica Flakes Gold Dust and then heated again to seal it.
- Stamped Grace (from my clear set) twice on white cardstock with Memento Toffee Crunch. Painted her with twinks. Applied Jones Toned think layer to the shell. Let dry for an hour and applied the Pearl foil. BTW - if you buy any of this, you don't need a lot. The piece you see there is about 8 years old and still has lots more to use. One copy of Grace will be used to layer (of course).
- Die cut the card shape using Resplendent Rectangles.
- Used the die as a stencil to get the Clouds background.
- Lined up the Rolling Waves on top of that. Have to admit this was a leftover from a previous card.
- Tore the Dots background along the top. Cut it 2" deep. Taped it in place and used the bottom edge of the Clouds to trim it. (Do you follow this?) If not you can ask. :-) Applied glitter glue to the torn edge and applied Mica Flakes Gold Dust on top of that.
- Threaded pink organza ribbon around the edge and tied a bow.
- Mounted to another piece of caramel cardstock.
Finishing The Card:
- Finished Grace, embossed her from the back and mounted with 3D pop dots.
- Cut out the Starfish, Scallop, swirled shell, and flower in her hair. Embossed them from the back and mounted them.
- Used Glossy Accents on the swirled shell and the Starfish.
- Used Gesso in a little fine tipped bottle I have for the Scallop.
- Added a 2mm pearl to the flower in her hair.
- Added a heart shaped pearl to the lower right hand corner with Glossy Accents. Dusted with the Mica flakes.
- Stamped By The Sea sentiment with Memento Toffee Crunch.
It was a fun and fairly quick card. I am really enjoying seeing all of your cards for our "Bloom Where You Are Planted" Challenge too. For those of you who haven't joined in the fun yet, there's still time. Get your cards posted HERE before tomorrow night at 10:00 p.m.
Thanks for stopping by to look and share! I'll be back with the winner of the challenge on DT Thursday. Hope you will join us for that fun too.
SUPPLIES: !<-- inlinkz code end -->