I was inspired by Dina Kowal's post HERE. This card is for someone who loved to garden and liked flowers of all kinds, so I went 3 dimensional. Below is what I did:
- Embossed Floral Lace Heart on white cardstock for the base as shown.
- Put the die back over the embossed area and used the 1/8" disc, from Magic Matter, and pencil to create a border around the embossed area.
- Trimmed around the embossed area.
Finishing the Heart:
- For more depth I die cut the Floral Lace Heart and then glued it to the embossed one.
- Painted the leaves using two shades of green. The darker color was placed on the outside.
- Cut out the flowers as shown and mounted them with glue dots in the middle and 3D dots under the petals. Painted them with twinks, but Copic or dye markers will work too. Also used All-Purpose Ink for the white flowers.
- Added embellishments to the centers using pearl stickers, Glossy Accents, and glitter to the centers.
- The sentiment (from Hydrangea clear set) was stamped on white cardstock with Bamboo Leaves and then die cut using a Sign Post die.
- Die cut Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles with green cardstock and mounted on white cardstock.
- Mounted ribbon and Floral Lace Heart.
- Applied bow.
- Mounted sentiment.
It really was fast. I thought the flowers would take a long time, but they didn't. I think painting the leaves first really helped me mount the flowers faster for some reason.
Thanks for stopping by to look and share. See you back here for our challenge winner and DT Thursday!!