I fell in love with Cover-A-Card Rooster the minute I saw it. I had in mind to do a card using some of the background as an adornment for the sentiment. How things change once we get going. Here is what happened:
- Stamped the Rooster background with a Toffee Crunch inkpad accidentally filled with Espresso Truffle ink (an accident by working on more than one card at a time. LOLOL) Luckily spotted roosters are dark with both brown and black. :-)
- Painted the images with watercolors, but any medium will do. Once done I really didn't want to cover them up with anything.
- After deciding to keep it simple so the background would show I cut it out using Spellbinders Curved Matting Basics die.
- Mounted that on a piece of red cardstock with rounded edges using a punch.
- Mounted a simple piece of green organza ribbon and bow.
- Used a Mini Circles Tag for the sentiment from Hydrangea, stamped with Espresso Truffle.
So you see it didn't take very long at all. I had planned to cut out a bunch of the daisies, emboss from the back and attach to the sentiment on a larger piece of white cardstock. Oh well, next time!!!
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget you can still join in our "Your Favorite Technique Challenge". Come and join in the fun and if you have questions please email me. You have until 10 p.m. this Thursday. If you want the facts go HERE. See you here DT Thursday with the winner.