OWH World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop!
October 06, 2012
I was so excited to be invited to celebrate World Cardmaking Day with OWH. If you haven't heard of this wonderful group you can find out more HERE. They MAKE cards and send them to deployed troops so they can use them to write home to their loved ones. Thank you, Sandy and your team, for all you do for our troops.
I chose to use Holly because she can be used as a Christmas angel or an everyday angel. To make my card I:
- Stamped Holly on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock with Espresso Truffle ink, painted with Twinkling H2O's, added glitter as shown. When dry I applied Glossy Accents over all of the glittered areas. (Cards without glitter sealed on top cannot be sent to deployed areas).
- Stamped sentiments, Best Things and An Angel, with Memento Rich Cocoa on Neenah Classic Crest Natural cardstock.
- Processed 2 Circle Shaker die cuts. Antiqued edges with acrylic stamp block and rubbed against die cuts with Memento Rich Cocoa.
- Mounted first Circle die cut on Best Things sentiment as shown.
- Cut two pieces out of the remaining die cut as shown below. Overlay the other two with tape. Trim the edges as shown. Mount over An Angel sentiment and trim as needed. I antiqued the edges added little glitter dots and added Glossy Accents over those too.
Twisted Easel Card Fold And Background:
- Stamped CAC Nordic Stripes with Memento Angel Pink on Neenah Classic Crest Natural twice lengthwise on an 8.5"X11" piece of cardstock.
- Cut one piece stripes going east/west 5.25"X4.0". Cut the second piece stripes going north/south 4.0"X5.25".
- Cut a piece of Natual cardstock 4.25"X5.5". Mounted the east/west stripes on it.
- Cut a piece of Neenah CC Natural cardstock 4.25"X9.75". Score it at 5.5". Folded The 4.25" side as shown and tape the bottom triangular part as shown below.
- Mounted the north/south stripes on the bottom right side of the card.
- Mounted the angel to the round die cut with sentiment and mount it to the cardfront with east/west stripes.
- Tied bow and mount it.
- Taped the lower side of cardfront with tape as shown on the right above.
- Mounted angel and sentiment, lining up from left edge to right bottom right side of the card. The right side of the card will overlap the top portion.
- Use 1/16" pop dots for the top portion of the An Angel sentiment and glue dots to the bottom.
- Added a 5mm half pearl heart to the bottom corner with Glossy Accents. (Always mount pearl/rhinestone, etc. stickers with Glossy Accents or glue.) Sticker does not mean it will...stick that is. ;-)
- As a final touch, if this card was going to OWH, I would include a note paper as shown above. That way the soldier can decide how much they really feel like writing. Some like to write more, others less. If they are in a combat zone, paper might not be readily available.
You can see her as a Christmas Angel HERE. That's it for today's post. Hope you enjoyed it. Off to checkout the other OWH posts and thanks for stopping by to look and share.