Let's start with the new. I fell in love with the Mitten Die Set. I also liked the Cover-A-Card Knit stamp. When I saw the two and the sold Vintage Ornaments they reminded me of when my grandmother would knit images into her projects. Here's how I did mine:
- Stamped Cover-A-Card Knit on white cardstock with Creamy Brown Fluid Chalk ink. Stamped Cover-A-Card Nordic Christmas with Warm Red Fluid Chalk ink.
- Die Cut the Mitten using the Cream Brown Knit background.
- To match the Solid Vintage Ornament Large to the knit pattern I used the Kissing Technique:
- Took my Knit background off of my Mega Mount and laid flat.
- Found the center of the mitten (a row). Mounted the Solid Vintage Ornament on my grid-lined acrylic block, lining the little pointed bottom up with the center line on the grid. I have many sizes and they are wonderful for aligning sentiments too.
- Inked a section of the CAC Knit stamp with Warm Red ink. Lined the bottom of the ornament with a knitted row on the stamp, pressed down, lifted and stamped on a remnant piece of white cardstock. Trimmed around it and mounted, lining it up with the center knitted row.
- Made a stencil using the Solid Vintage Ornament Small inked and stamped on remnant white cardstock. Cut it out and traced around it (after centering it on a knitted row) on a remnant piece of the Creamy Brown Knit cardstock. Mounted it in the center of the Warm Red Vintage Ornament Large.
- Did 3 die cuts of the spruce from the Twig Wreath Die Set using a remnant of green cardstock.
- Now for the old. I used a leftover from an earlier die cut of holly berries, from the same Twig Wreath Die Set, as a tiny poinsettia for the center of the mitten. Mounted on top of the spruce as shown and added some Stickles red and yellow glitter.
- The cuff of the mitten was done by using the cuff of the Lg. Solid Mitten rubber stamp to get another stencil. I traced the places for the ribbon and cut them out.
- The ribbon was threaded and then a bow mounted.
- The mitten was mounted on white cardstock and trimmed around for the edge.
- A white piece of 5.25"X10.5" cardstock was folded and the top inside was trimmed with a piece of the Nordic background.
- The sentiment Elegant Merry Christmas was stamped under that with Warm Red ink.
- Added a pearlized heart bead with a small boutonniere pin to the bow and 3 pearl stickers in the lower right-hand corner.
That's it for today. I will see you back here for our next challenge, "A Gift For You", on this Thursday, November 1. If you want more details go to the bottom of the post found HERE. Happy Halloween, everyone!!