This is a really quick 4.25"X5.5" card. The reason is because everything I needed was already done. I had stamped the butterfly background eons ago and then set it aside. Do you have set asides? ;-) Below is how I did it.
1. The background was created using the Mega MountTM and Cover-A-CardTM Doodle Flowers inked with Brilliance Galaxy Gold. After stamping I heated it with a heat gun. Heating it actually causes the Galaxy Gold to rise giving it a 'real' embossed look. You can feel it with your fingers. I painted the rest with Twinkling H2O's. You can use dye ink pads, markers, etc.
* I always replace the backing that came with the stamp after I clean it. It preserves the cling effect on the backside.
2. I ran one of my embossing folders through the Cuttlebug to use as a background.
3. The butterfly with both wings from the Butterflies Die set were put through the Cuttlebug twice with the Doodle Flowers background.
4. I wanted a reversed one-winged butterfly so I turned the paper over and put it through by cutting from the back side.
5. The embossed cardstock was mounted to the apricot colored background. I used a dye marker to fill in around the embossed area to give it a tooled look.
6. Next the dkdesigns sentiment, Precious Treasure, was stamped using StazOn Iris. Stamping it first allowed me to see how much room it would take before placing the butterflies.
7. The butterflies were place next. Then a strip of ribbon, from Michaels $1 bin, was added across the middle, followed by a bow done with the Bow-Easy.
8. I used glue dots to attach the centers and 3D pop-dots under the wings. The pearls were placed next. Viva Decor White pearls and Yellow Quartz glitter pen were used here and there. Liquid Pearls and Stickles, etc. could also be used.
9. When the glitter and pearls were dry, the cardfront was mounted to a 4.25"X11" folded piece of white cardstock.
And the card at the top is the result. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did making it!! The supplies are below. :-) When you are done there, check out the news about Thursday's Blog Hop below that!
Design Team Blog Hop with Crafters Workshop
Check out the Hop this Thursday to see what both DT's are doing with the IO Balzer Design Stamps, and what fun they are when used with Crafters Workshop Stencils/Templates. Go HERE to see a sneak peek of what IO DT member, Daniela Dobson used to create the beautiful card below.
Below are the stamps and also in the Online Store.