A tutorial using our NEW DIES and links so you can view them in our on-line store. Also, there are 2 NEW Rubber Mounted sets and 2 NEW Clear Stamp Sets designed to be used with them too:
- NEW DIES are located HERE
- The Rubber Cling Stamp Sets are Solid Tree, Solid House, Door, and Windows, and No Place Like Home.
- The Clear Stamp Sets are Solid Tree and No Place Like Home.
Notice that I have listed our stamps we already had, and you may have some of them too, and the dies that can be used with them:
- House L8205 can be used with House DIE009-Z
- Door And Windows E8369 can be used with Door and Window DIE010-E
- Solid Frilly Butterfly Pair E8750 can be use with Butterflies DIE008-I
- Large Solid Leaf Stem E8633 can be used with Branch DIE007-L
- Solid Tree H8373 can be used with Bare Tree DIE006V
- Nest Birdhouse Opening C8226 can be used with Nest & Hole DIE005-D
- Cottage Fence D8184 can be used with Fence DIE004-J
- My Little Chickadees C8589 can be used with Birds DIE003-A
Now for my tutorial using some of the NEW DIES listed under my card:
- Thick Stripes CC105 was inked with Memento Desert Sand and stamped on White cardstock as shown.
- It was then stamped with Tiny Flowers CR007 (also available as Tiny Flowers CC115) and Memento Cottage Ivy. I stamped it twice because I wanted some of the flowers w/o the stripes. :-)
- The House Die was used with my Cuttlebug. It also worked fine with the newer Wizard Grand Calibur.
- The die cut flowers was colored with a Sakura Gelly Roll Pink Stardust Pen.
- It was then placed on white cardstock as shown. A Magic Matter 1/8" disc was used with my pencil and then cut out.
- I wasn't sure if I wanted the Door and Window(s) as embossed images or die cuts, so I did both.
- I knew I wanted the Fence as a die cut.
- On the right I am cutting out the embossed door. I have found if I use sharp scissors and pull away slightly with my left hand (holding the image firmly) the edges of the scissors find the embossed edge and it cuts smoothly around the image.
- So I didn't have the Memento Desert Sand marker and decided I liked both the embossed and the die cuts so:
- I placed the die cuts face down on the ink pad, then added Glossy Accents to the backside and glued to the embossed images as shown on the left.
- BTW, I decided the Fence would also look good as a gable, so I put it through the Cuttlebug again.
CARD BASE, INSIDE CARD, AND ENVELOPE:
It's also time to start planning the base, inside of the card, and the envelope too.
- The sentiment on the front is from Phoebe Clear Set and can also be purchased separately in red rubber as Friend Like You. It was stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy and edged with Desert Sand.
- Notice the cardfont is now joined with the portion of cardstock that was left over above where I did the die cut. I laid the cardfront so the top point just hit the top edge and the left side lined up with the left margin. Used a pencil to trace the line and cut it with scissors.
- That left over triangle on the left will be the bottom edge of the envelope. Flowers on both were colored with the same Sakura pen.
- Next I'm using the leftover piece of cardstock from the trim for the base of the cardfront.
- I draw a line on both sides of the cardfront.
- The left side is trimmed to the left point of the 'roof'.
- The right was set up with my Score-Pal for the inside fold of the card.
- It was folded and the cardfront mounted.
- Scissors were used to trim off the extra cardstock.
INSIDE THE CARD AND THE ENVELOPE: