We have two important "Happy Birthday" Challenges today:
Happy Birthday To Operations Write Home Blog Hop!
Their organization was born on September 12, 2007. To celebrate they are having "Card Making Parties" throughout the month!!! You can read all about it HERE. To help them celebrate we are having a BLOG HOP FOR TODAY ONLY and we will be have a drawing tonight for a $25 Gift Certificate for use in our On-Line Store. To be eligible for this drawing you must:
- Leave a comment on each DT member's blog post for today's challenge and then
- Leave a comment on this blog about your favorite New IO stamp (you can view our new catalog HERE)
- All of your comments must be finished by midnight, 12:00 a.m. EST, tonight.
- Random.org will pick the winner.
- Winner will be announced here tomorrow, Friday, between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. EST.
"Happy Birthday To You" IO Challenge
This is our regular Happy Birthday Challenge, which is open to all of you who want to join in the fun. To participate in this challenge, simply place your entries at the bottom of this post using Inlinkz after you have checked out the DT member blogs below:
Our regular scheduled "Happy Birthday To You Challenge" will also start September 1 and ends Wednesday evening, September 7, at 10 p.m. If the rest of you would like a chance to win free stamps too, get busy out there and then post your card wishing someone "Happy Birthday" here, at the bottom of the September 1 post using Inlinkz. So get busy out there. Invite a friend. Have a stamping party. Then add your card here at the bottom of this post. The instructions are below:
- Challenges are first and third Thursdays of the month
- Ending time for this challenge will be Wednesday, September 7, 10 p.m. EST.
- Use the Inlinkz thumbnail format and guidelines at the end of the post.
- The drawing is for a $25 Gift Certificate for use in our on-line store.
- The winner is picked using Random.org.
- The players are notified of the winner by email that night.
- The winner's name will be the next day on DT Thursday.
- All entries are posted in the Customer Card Gallery under Card Galleries at the top of the page.
If you have questions please email me. My email is right under my name near the top of the sidebar to your right.
Additional Operation Write Home Information
- They send blank handmade greeting cards (donated by people like you and me) to deployed troops so they can stay in touch with their loved ones. If you want to be a part of this great service to our armed forces go HERE to find out more. They have stamp tutorials, challenges and more fun things for you to do while you are creating your cards for our Heros In Uniform! Over 1,000,000 cards have been sent so far!
- For just Sept., Oct., and Nov. they expect to spend $13,000 in shipping expenses. You can learn about more ways to help them with this expense through fun activities by going HERE.
- If you are making cards AVOID GLITTER - IT REALLY IS A SECURITY RISK IN WAR ZONES.
- You may also want to donate directly to help with their shipping expenses. You can have card parties with attendees donating and/or you can find out how to do the direct donations by going HERE. Donations can be as little as $11.
Great challenges and chances to win. I can't wait to see who our winners will be. If you have any questions, please fee free to EMAIL ME.
Thanks for stopping by to look and join in the fun!!