It's Time For DT Thursday
July 14, 2011
Our winner for the "Hello" Challenge is April Williams at Stamp Willy Designs. Congratulations, April, and happy shopping! If the rest of you missed all of the entries for the "Hello Challenge", please check them out HERE!!
And time for you to guess which of our Design Team members is hostessing for today's DT Thursday. She is extremely talented and she loves working with shapes and colors. In one of her recent posts she shared a little about how she ends up with her beautiful results:
"I usually pick the image first. Then I scrounge though my patterned paper stash to see what grabs my eye and might pair up nicely with my stamp choices. I use the printed paper as my guide to choose corresponding colors of card stock that will serve to create the remaining layers and card base. Next I will color the image. I use my paper choices to determine what color markers/pencils I use, trying to match colors as closely as I am able. Then I sort of plan out the card base... this is always changing though! A few friends that have seen me make a card from start to finish can vouch for this! I will arrange, rearrange and change! So the original idea sometimes evolves to a completely different card in the end! I have to say that is my favorite part!"
Have you guessed yet? If you follow her blog and read her posts you might be guessing, "that's Jenny Gropp," and you would be right!. The sneak peek of what she has for us to see this week is below. You can see her full post HERE! Thanks, Jenny, for the lovely card and post! Don't miss out you all, and let her know you were there too!
CHA DT Blog Hop Week
Next Monday, July 18, is the beginning of CHA BLOG HOP Week Celebration. Make time this next week to attend our CHA Summer DT Blog Hop and see a lot of the new stamps and dies for the Fall/Winter season!
- It will be held Monday, July 18, through Sunday, July 24.
- A Gift Certificate Drawing will be held every day.
- To be eligible to win each day you must leave a comment on the blog of each participating DT members blog for that day. Posts are closed for each day at 10 pm for that day's drawing.
- If you have any questions please ask by emailing me. My email is near the top of the right-hand column.
Customer "Any Occasion Challenge"
In addition, on July 21, we will also be have our "Any Occasion" Challenge. So get busy out there and then post your "Hello" card here, on the June 16 post. The instructions are below:
- Challenges are first and third Thursdays of the month
- Ending time for this challenge will be Wednesday, July 27, 10 p.m. EST.
- Use the Inlinkz thumbnail format and guidelines at the end of the post.
- The drawing is for a $25 Gift Certificate for use in our online store.
- The winner is picked using Random.org.
- The players are notified of the winner by email that night.
- The winner's name will be the next day on DT Thursday.
- All entries are posted in the Customer Card Gallery under Card Galleries at the top of the page.
Have some fun, invite a friend to play, have a stamping party and/or create your card and then post it here. If you have questions please email me. My email is right under my name near the top of the sidebar to your right.
Hope to see you all next week for a great time! Thanks for stopping by to look and share!