When I see background stamps or the new Cover-a-Card™ stamps I immediately think of using them for paper piecing, quilt cards, or ways to show off the great patterns. For today's tutorial I am going to use 2 of the new Cover-a-Card™ stamps for a Quilt card. I already had one of my backgrounds. I made it to show you how to use these bigger than life stamps for different techniques HERE, remember? So there's our start.....Make your backgrounds.
Quilt Card Piece Patterns and Background:
1. The first paper piece was created applying 3 different shades of green dye ink on White cardstock. Then VersaMark ink was applied to Cover-a-Card™ CC024 Tapestry. Next Egyptian Gold embossing powder was applied and heat embossed.
2. The second paper piece was done using Cover-a-Card™ CC002 Swirls. Next Egyptian Gold embossing powder was also applied and heat embossed. An extra one was made for one the backgrounds,
3. Cut (2) 4X4 pieces of white, bone, ivory, or vanilla cardstock to be the bases for your quilt pieces. You will have enough for 2 cards.
Creating Quilt Pieces:
Each 4"X4" Piece of Patterned Paper:
1. Cut a 4X4 inch piece from each of your stamped pieces of paper. Cut the first piece in half as shown by the blue number. You have 2 pieces.
2. Cut those 2 pieces in half again as shown with the green numbers. You have 4 pieces.
3. Cut those 4 pieces in half as shown with the orange numbers. There will be a final 8 pieces.
Building the Background and Embellishments:
1. One piece of green cardstock 5.25X5.25
2. One piece of prepared Swirl cardstock 5X5 mounted on the Green in 1.
3. Using a piece of the light cardstock (not embossed) punch the edge using Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. Each side is separately mounted as shown.
4. Using the leftover Tapestry cardstock cut into:
- turn the 'Quilted 4X4' over and tape the back.
- cut the green embossed leftover remnant into .5 inch strips
- mount each strip to abut each other as shown and trim extra where needed.
5. Turn over and mount with 3D pop dots in the center of the background. 6. Using leftover remnants of the Swirls Quilt piece and Spellbinder Frameabilities Scalloped Edge Flower die, cut 3 flowers. One for the center and the other two halved as shown. 7. Paint the flowers as shown and mount the pearls. One Mega 10MM and 4 5MM. 8. Tie bow using Bow-Easy and mount as shown.
Stamps: Cover-a-Card™ CC024 Tapestry and CC002 Swirls
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth and Natural cardstock, Green cardstock to match the patterned paper.
Inks: VersaMark; 3 different shades of Green dye ink.
Accessories: Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder, Spellbinders Frameabilities Scalloped Edges (Flower), Organdy Ribbon, Bow- Easy, Mark Richards 10MM and 5MM pearls.
Thanks for stopping by to look and share!