March 19, 2009
Well, it's an Impression-Obsession Friendship Challenge Day with the Design Team members and I've been invited to play too. This is my first challenge ever. Friendship makes me think of flowers and I have been wanting to use the new Rose Vase Stamp, I-O's new designer. The stamp is also available in a clear set, Flowers For You. As you can see in the card below it is lovely. The word is from the Sweet Hearts Cling Set 3109-XL by Leigh Hannan. I find the set, although it looks like it is for Valentine's Day, very versatile and use the stamps year round.
1. Rose Vase was stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink on White cardstock, heat embossed to speed up drying the ink, then painted with Twinkling H2O's. It was highlighted with Stickles Yellow on the flowers and Stickles Diamonds glitter glue on the vase, then it was cut out with scissors and an X-acto knife. The vase was highlighted with Rangers Crackle Accents.
2. The White oval background is a Cuttlebug embossed Textile Texture die cut from Spellbinders Large Oval die set. Then it was mounted on another oval piece of Pink cardstock done with the same die.
3. The large White embossed background is from a Leaves Dreamweaver Stencil. It was mounted on a 4.25"X5.5" piece of Pink cardstock. The ribbon was mounted and taped on the back of the cardfront.
4. The ovals were mounted as shown. Dimensional Glue Dots were then placed on the back of the image and it was mounted on the ovals.
5. The ovals for the word were punched using leftover scrap paper. The word was stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold on the White oval. It was heat embossed to speed up drying, and then mounted on the Pink cardstock and then the cardfront as shown.
6. The bow was tied using the Martha Stewart technique and mounted.
7. Mark Richards Crystal Stickers Pearls were mounted. It was then mounted on a 5.5X8.5 folded White piece of cardstock.
If you want to see some really beautiful Friendship Challenge cards with new stamps, check out the Design Team blogs below:
Thanks for stopping by to look and don't forget to check out the new stamps at 'the store' too.