I Couldn't Wait For T&T
When I saw our new dies I had to have the Snow Globe Die and couldn't wait to show you the fun I had with it! What really got me excited about the globe die is it fits perfectly with the Large Shake-It Pouch. I tried it out and below is what I did.
- Stamped Cover-A-Card Snowflakes 3 times for 3 different looks:
- First with Memento Summer Sky on white cardstock (background behind snow globe).
- Second and third time with VersaMark (Emboss Resist) on white cardstock, clear embossing powder, heat embossed, then brayered with Summer Sky (first well inked and the second much lighter for the snow globe).
- Cut white cardstock 5.25X5.25" for base, 5.0X5.0" of darker emboss resist cardstock, cut 4.5"X4.5" of blue snowflake on white background.
- Mounted the dark snowflake emboss resist on the white cardstock.
- Did the die cut for the Snow Globe from the lighter Emboss Resist and the base from some leftover Bazzill Dotted Swiss brown cardstock.
- Lined up the "globe" on the lighter Emboss Resist with the die cut and the die and traced around it. Die cut the hole for the Shake-It Pouch on the lighter Emboss Resist.
PREP THE IMAGES FOR SHAKER:
- Did the following die cuts from:
- Sm Deer - Spica At You Chocolate pen added to antlers and hooves.
- Fir Tree (smallest tree) - from green remnant cardstock.
- Sm Snowflake Set - used the two smallest with Sticky Paper and Glitter. One was used as "the Christmas star"and yellow glitter.
- the Snow Globe set - the label - from the Summer Sky snowflakes on white cardstock. The sentiment "Merry Christmas" is from clear set Sentiments II stamped with Momento Rich Cocoa.
- All but the label were mounted to the lighter Emboss Resist with Glossy Accents and a needle-nose applicator.
PLACING THE SHAKE-IT POUCH AND EMBELLISHMENTS:
- Lined up the blue snowflake on white cardstock (with the hole cut out) and traced the circle where the pouch would be mounted.
- Mounted light emboss resist with your die cut images over the traced circle.
- Placed some beads, but Flower Soft, etc. can also be used inside.
- Removed the adhesive protector from around the Shake-It Pouch and placed it over the images and beads.
- Mounted the blue snowflake on white cardstock over the pouch, followed by the globe base.
- Mounted the sentiment, the bow, a little more glitter here and there and the heart stickers.
Fun, fun, fun!! Thanks for stopping by to look and share. See you back here for DT Thursday. In the meantime, DT member, Jeanne Streiff will be posting on the blog too!! Welcome to the IO blog, Jeanne!! You will all love what she has planned for all of you!!