T & T Emboss Resist With Jack & Jill
When I saw Claudia's Jack & Jill and Witch Is In, I thought 'Hansel and Gretel' for some reason. And for the witch's house part of the new Border Duo 1 looked perfect for the trims I needed. Here is what I did:
- Jack & Jill were inked with Memento Cocoa Brown, stamped twice on white cardstock, painted with Twinks, and cut.
- Stickles Diamonds glitter glue was added to Jill's wings and Spica AtYou Pitch Black glitter pen was used for her skirt and hair band, and for J&J's eyes too.
- Jack's pumpkin head and Jill's skirt and head band were cut out, painted and mounted with 3D pop-dots.
- The bottom branches from Candy Corn Tree were stamped with Memento Cocoa Brown, painted with Twinks, and cut out.
- The star wand, Halloween bag, and candies were also painted and cut out.
House & Grass Border:
- Stamped CAC Wood Grain on Natural (off-white, ivory, cream) cardstock and cut with House Die.
- Border Duo 1 was cut with a 2 3/4" tall piece of natural cardstock (for roof), mounted on the house die cut, and trimmed from the back side.
- Added Witch Is In with Memento Cocoa Brown, went over it with Spica AtYou Pitch Black glitter pen, and Glossy Accents.
- 2 Door and Window die cuts done with Natural cardstock, glued to more cardstock for backing, and filled bottom areas of door with blanks from die cut.
- Painted open areas of windows with Twink Lemon Yellow, added a little Stickles Diamonds glitter glue (frost), and mounted. Added beige pearl sticker to door for handle.
- Used the Border Duo 1 with green cardstock for the grass and set aside.
- Inked CAC Spider Web with VersaMark and stamped on white cardstock. Added clear embossing powder and heat embossed.
- The photo shows 3 different types of sponge tools (sponge, dauber, or brayer) to ink over the embossed areas with Memento Nautical Blue. I used the sponge.
- Mounted house on the left side of the web BG.
- Placed 'grass' to see where to cut for the sidewalk. Used fingernail to crease on each side, cut, and mounted.
- Placed die cut blank from door for sidewalk.
- Mounted Jack & Jill with 3D pop-dots. Added candies, bag, and star wand and embellished with Glossy Accents. Hematite glitter glue pen used for handle of bag. Yellow star pin and black organdy bow was added. Stickles Yellow glitter glue was added to stars on wand and pin.
- Mounted card front to white cardstock as shown.
- The envelope was handmade using THIS format. The front was masked for area I didn't want inked with the Spider Web stamp. The flap was so easy with the Border Duo 1 die by laying the envelope flat and lining up with the die.
Our Next Challenge
From our new list is this Thursday, September 6. It is your "Favorite Quote/Saying Challenge". For those of you who aren't familiar with our challenges, the guidelines are below:
- Ending time for this challenge is next Wednesday, September 12, at 10 p.m. EST.
- Use the Inlinkz thumbnail format thumbnail format at the end of the September 6 post.
- The drawing is for a $25 Gift Certificate for use in our on-line store.
- The winner is picked using Random.org.
- The players are notified of the winner by email that night.
- The winner's name will be posted with the DT Thursday post on September 13.
- All entries are posted in the Customer Card Gallery under Card Galleries at the top of the page.
Have some fun, invite a friend to create too, have a stamping party and/or create your card using all IO stamps, and then post it using the Inlinkz at the bottom of the September 6 post. If you have questions please email me. My email is right under my name near the top of the sidebar to your right.
If you need inspiration you can check out the 2012 Card Galleries at the top of the blog. Also, there are direct links to the stamps, their DT posts, and more card samples in our on-line store!
Don't forget we have some new terrific dies in our online store. If you can't wait, you can hop right to them HERE.
Thanks for stopping by to look and share! See you back here on Thursday.