Tuesday T&T About Those Birds!
No need to say I am really in love with the dkdesigns and this is what I did quickly with two of the birds:
Okay, so he looks like a Gingerbread Bird!!! I used the items below to create my images. For the Bird Collage 1, I used a really simple stamp technique known to most as "Kissing".
Background and Image stamp area:
- CAC Sm. Quatrefoil was inked with Memento Bamboo Green ink and stamped on Neenah Natural (off-white, ivory, cream, etc.) cardstock using my Mega Mount. (The Bird Collage image was stamped in the vacant space left on the cardstock.
Bird Collage Kissing:
- The Quatrefoil stamp (laid flat) was inked with the Memento Bamboo Green.
- Bird Collage 1 was inked with Memento Desert Sand and then pressed (kiss) to the Quatrefoil stamp.
- The Bird Collage was stamped 3 times to vacant areas on the Natural cardstock.
- The rose and leaves were painted with twinks, but dyes, other watercolors, or Copic/ShinHan markers can also be used.
- One was trimmed around. On the second I trimmed around the rose with leaves. and mounted to the bird with 3D pop-dots.
- I used an olive green marker around the edges of all but the rose petal edges.
- The background was mounted to another piece of natural cardstock.
- the ribbon was laid diagonally in the center.
- The bird was mounted to the sentiment.
- The bird with sentiment was mounted to cardfront with 3D pop-dots.
- A bow was made with May Arts ribbon and the Bow-Easy and mounted as shown.
- Pearls were added to the bird as shown. A little bit of Viva Decor Clear Glass was added to the flourishes around the rose.
- A pearl heart stickpin was added .
On to my second card for the birds:
- Maybe this was too easy! All the images were stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on an 8.5"X11". The Bird Collage 4 was stamped 3 times. (One extra for layering and one for the inside of the card) The roses were painted with a pink
- Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles (the two middle dies) were put through the Cuttlebug and then sponged around the edges edges with Rich Cocoa, using the die as a stencil.
- A 5"X5" Cover-a-Card Toile piece was mounted on a 5.25"X5.25" piece of dark brown cardstock.
- The roses were painted with a darker pink.
- A remnant piece of ribbon was placed across the middle.
- A Bird Collage 4 was trimmed and mounted to the largest Romantic Rectangle. The tail was left loose so the sentiment could be attached.
- The sentiment was attached.
- A bow made with the Bow-Easy from more remnant ribbon and mounted.
- A pearl was mounted on the rose and a heart pearl mounted on the right-hand bottom of the sentiment.
- The torn edges were sponged, the back taped and it was mounted to the left-side as shown.
I encourage you to look at all of the new stamps in our online store HERE. or click on the Shop button at the top of the blog page! You will not be disappointed.
Thanks for stopping by to look and share. See you back here on DT Thursday!!
SUPPLIES FOR BIRD COLLAGE 1 (CARD ONE):
SUPPLIES FOR BIRD COLLAGE 4 (CARD TWO):