I really couldn't get the pretty dkdesigns Bird Collage 4 out of my mind. The "Just A Note" sentiment seemed to fit right in too, and to give it a great touch of pattern for the BG I used the Cover-A-Card Marquise.
- Used Memento Summer Sky to stamp the image once and the flower twice (to be able to layer it), the sentiment, and the CAC background.
- Used Spellbinders largest Floral Oval and then sponged the center with the same ink.
- Used the smallest Floral Oval for the sentiment.
- Trimmed and layered the bird, leaves, and rose.
- Mounted everything on the CAC background with 3D pop dots and it was good to go.
- Pearl stickers and Blue ribbon were used as embellishments.
And I couldn't stop there. I have been thinking about situations when "It's A Man's World", which is the theme day after tomorrow for our Thursday challenge. Below is my card I might to give to a "sweetie" in a man's world kind of day! I don't know of any Gary Robertson fan who can ever get enough. His Beach Fence is an example of why. That heron and beach wanted the Cover-a-Card Clouds to make the day. And what's a beach without Cover-A-Card Shells for the background trim and to adorn the sentiment, So Very Sweet. It can also be purchased as part of clear stamp set All Occasions II.
- Beach Fence, CAC Shells, and sentiment were stamped with Memento Desert Sand.
- The bird and the banner were stamped again to layer.
- CAC Clouds was stamped with Memento Summer Sky.
- Everything was stamped on white cardstock except the Shells on ivory (natural) and then mounted on plain ivory (natural).
- The largest Spellbinders Lattice die was used as shown and also for a stencil for the main image and background as shown.
- The image was painted with watercolor. Dyes and markers or Copic/Shinhan can be used.
- The heron, banner, and Starfish from the CAC Shell background were layered with 3D-popdots.
- Ribbon was tied in a knot so not as feminine. A little Viva Decor Gold Glitter pen was used on the Starfish and on the sand in areas to highlight.
Hope this quick post gets you in the mood for our "It's A Man's World Challenge". So get busy out there. Have some fun and stamp up a storm!! Hope to see you here on Thursday!!! Thanks for stopping by to look and share!!