Tuesday T&T Two Oceans Of Fun!
I really liked dkdesigns images the minute I saw them. Today I am showing two techniques. The first one is basic layering using Dina's Sail Collage. The second one is a shaker using Dina's Beachcomber and Gary Robertson's Path To The Beach. For some reason, that is what I thought of the minute I saw that cute little guy.
The first card uses:
- Stamped Sail Collage on dark brown cardstock inking just the edges (frame) with Brilliance Galaxy Gold. Used heat gun to set ink.
- Cut the center out and used the edge as a frame.
- Stamped the whole image again twice with white card stock using Brilliance Galaxy Gold again. Used heat gun to set ink. The second image is used as a map to follow for layering.
- Cut the compass, the boat, and the wave out.
- I painted the images with watercolors, but any medium will work (Copic, ShinHann, etc.):
- The ship was layered first with just tape.
- For the waves and I used 1/16" 3D pop dots.
- For the frame I used 1/8" 3D pop dots.
- For dimension on the waves I used Viva Decor Pearl Pen.
- For the compass:
- It was turned over on the green Pergamano mat and embossed from the back with the stylus.
- A line of Glossy Accents was threaded around the edge and left to dry.
- It was turn over and the center was embossed with the stylus to make a place for the 5mm pearl sticker.
- The compass was attached with glue dot and the pearl sticker seated with Glossy Accents.
- Rolling Waves was stamped using Mega MountTM and Brilliance Moonlight White ink on light blue cardstock. I over inked in places to get a frothy look.
- It was trimmed to 4"X5.25" and then taped to the4.25"X5.5" dark brown cardstock.
- The twine in the photo was used with the Bow-Easy to make the bow (I actually pulled the twine apart and used one of them).
- The shells were mounted with glue dots.
Thanks for stopping by to look and share.
- I stamped Beachcomber first, using Memento Desert Sand.
- Beachcomber was inked with Desert Stand and stamped. Then it was trimmed and the upper portion removed with an X-Acto knife (I wanted the Path to the Beach Image to show behind the little boy).
- A remnant piece of the same cardstock was used with the Circle Shaker Frame Die.
- That was placed on the card stock with removable tape as shown on the right (I used the little boy image to decide where to place the die cut. The little boy fits perfectly inside the die cut).
- I used the Mega MountTM and lined up Path To The Beach by the lines of the ocean.
- The image was inked with Memento Desert Sand and stamped on the Natural cardstock.
Main Image & Shake-It Pouch:
- First the background, the die cut and the little boy were painted.
- The little boy was permanently placed. The little pebble near his hands were highlighted with Rangers Stickles Diamonds glitter glue.
- The image was put through the Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Romantic largest Rectangles.
- I used the iridescent clear micro beads to put in the circle on the little boy.
- The strip was removed from the pouch and placed over the boy.
- Tape was applied to the die cut and it was placed over the pounch lining it up with the background.
- The sentiment, Prescious Treasure, was stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa.
- The cardfont was place on a 6"X8" folded to 4"X6" white piece of cardstock.
- A bow was created using May Arts two tone ribbon and the Bow-Easy and then mounted with a glue dot.
Hope you enjoyed the cards. Each card has a separate list of supplies used below.
Our next challenge is "Dies". Hope you join us. You must still use IO stamps with your dies. Thanks for stopping by to look and share.
SUPPLIES FOR SAIL COLLAGE (CARD ONE):
SUPPLIES FOR BEACHCOMBER (CARD TWO):